Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

How Old Would You Be?

These little houses continue to call me so, I went with it again today.  I realized as I scanned this page that everything on it was left over from something else.  All three houses are stamped on Deli paper I used to protect my book.  I used my favorite grid stamp from Lori on one and Hero Arts stamps on the other two.  The roof of the left house is part of a book page I painted a while back.   The foliage in the background on the right was from a page a did a week or two ago.  Even the blue background was on this page because I used it to clean my brush.

I used several colors of craft paint for the background.  The golden foliage on the left was made using a Donna Downey stencil.  The quote, How Old Would You Be, If you Didn't Know How Old You Are? is a Penny Black Stamp.  The letters and numbers are an Angel Company stamp set.  The front door on the left is a Zero stamp by Danelle Johnson.  It makes a perfect front door.  The checkerboard boarder is a homemade by ME.  I have a 1/4" punch from Stampin Up and I used it to make the border stencil from a piece of card stock.  If you look closely there is also a swirl pattern stamped in the background.. It's a Clearsnap rollagraph Jumbo wheel stamp that I took off the wheel.

Link to:  The Sketchbook Challenge and Creative Everyday.

4 comments:

  1. This journal page as well as the previous one are so beautiful! I also love the quote "how old would you be ..." I think I would be much younger ;) However, your pictures in fact make me feel much younger and this is a great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Boo: This is gorgeous! I love the colors and have pondered how old I think i'd be...hmmm what a thought filling quote. Your border stamp is really nice...good work! I have yet to make one The colors are what drew me in...powerful and intense, and houses - meh, my fav foca point! Happy Balzer Day! Samara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love to see houses in journals, they make me want to go inside and explore further. Wonderful spread. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great quote! In my head I'm still a teen but more and more these days my body feels that of a pensioner - especially my back. Actual age? 36 :P

    Love those houses.

    Thank you so much for coming to visit me and my little blog Boo :)

    ReplyDelete